After you have reviewed, posted, and entered grades, you will need to review the Total Column in the Canvas Gradebook. If the Total Column doesn’t look correct, repeat the previous steps. If you know you need to make manual adjustments, refer Manual Grade Override Options using Excel section.
If it looks correct, you should be finished, However, we strongly recommend you also follow the directions below to help minimize discrepancies. Review the Unposted Current Grade column for Midterm Grade Submission and Unposted Final Grade for Final Grade Submission. In addition, you will want to compare these columns with the Current Grade column to limit discrepancies. The Current Grade column reflects the grade currently visible to the student.
To compare the gradebook columns:
1. Click on Grades from the course navigation.
2. On the top left of the Gradebook, click on Actions, then select Export.
3. When the export is completed, Canvas will download the CSV file automatically to your computer.
4. Compare the Unposted Current Grade column for Midterms or Unposted Final Grade column for Final Grades to ensure these are the grades you want sent to Howdy. The Unposted Current Grade column is what is visible in Canvas and will be imported for midterm grade submission, and the Unposted Final Grade column is what will be imported for final grade submission.
5. We also recommend comparing the column with the Current Grade column. The Current Grade column is what is visible in Canvas to students. Comparing these two columns will help eliminate confusion and discrepancies between what you see and what the student sees.
6. If anything does not look correct, repeat the previous steps to help finalize your grades.
The videos below illustrates how to compare the Unposted Current Grade column and Unposted Final Grade column:
If you find any discrepancies when comparing these columns, navigate back to Canvas to resolve any potential issues. Please contact the Office for Academic Innovation for any additional support.
For more information, please view How do I export grades in the Gradebook?
Note: If you enabled the Override column to manually enter grades for students, review this column and ensure you have entered grades for all students.