eCampus Outage Updates
September 18, 2020
Over the past week eCampus has encountered performance issues where at times the system is slow or unresponsive. The Learning Management (LMS) administrative team has urged Blackboard to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
After communicating with Blackboard, an overload of notifications being sent at peak times may be the cause of the degradation. To further their investigation and to perform testing, Blackboard has turned off the "notifications" feature in eCampus (not tied to email) for all users until further notice. These notifications include Assignment/Test is Available, Item is Due, and Item is Graded. A comprehensive list of Blackboard notifications can be found here.
Faculty will still be able to utilize the Announcements and the Send Email tools to communicate with students about upcoming assessments and due dates.
- For more on the Announcements: Send a Copy of Announcement feature click here (step #7)
- For more on the Send Email feature click here
Because students may not receive push notifications from the Blackboard Student App, students are encouraged to check their Texas A&M email regularly, or log in to eCampus directly for course updates.
At this time we are awaiting word from Blackboard on when we can expect confirmed resolution to these issues. We will communicate via email and IT Alerts when we have more information to share.
How We Are Addressing Upcoming Exams
- Common Exam Dates/Times Communicated to Blackboard: Blackboard has been notified of Texas A&M University common exam dates and times in anticipation of upcoming peak usage, including exams scheduled for tonight.
- Increased Support Hours: Beginning on Monday, September 21, the Office for Academic Innovation will increase staffing of the Service Desk Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. We are also syncing our extended hours to provide support during known common exam dates and times. We encourage you to use email@example.com for support after 5 p.m.
- Resources: For more information about known issues related to using Honorlock in eCampus please click here.