Multimedia Storage Solutions Available in Learning Management Systems
November 03, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
Canvas course file quotas have been increased from 500MB to 1GB
. In addition, we have two opportunities to help you integrate large files and multimedia assets; and create collaborative spaces to enhance the student experience within your course.
Storage Capacity at a Glance
- Mediasite, Texas A&M University’s standardized streaming media system, is now available to all course instructors in Canvas and eCampus.
- Google Drive is integrated into Canvas at Texas A&M University. All users can authorize their Google Drive accounts for access within Canvas assignments.
Why Use Mediasite and Google Drive for Teaching and Learning:
(course file quota)
- Share large files with students
- Add multimedia content such as images and videos to course content pages, quizzes, and assignments
- Embed and link files through the Rich Content Editor (Canvas).
Mediasite and Google Drive Training:
- Designate a space for students to create, collaborate, and organize files and folders
- Enhance student efficiencies by providing access to course materials without the need to download
The Office for Academic Innovation will provide several training opportunities this week. Please see our Training & Support
page for links to live trainings and recordings.
For more Mediasite and Google Drive support for teaching and learning in Canvas and eCampus, please contact the Office for Academic Innovation Service Desk via email (email@example.com) or by phone (979) 458 - 3417.