Set TAMU Email as Default in Canvas
Instructors and students not receiving emails to their TAMU email or receive error messages when accessing third party tools, such as Google Drive or Zoom.
Instructors and students need to set their Texas A&M email address – which is their NetID@tamu.edu
– as default in their Canvas accounts to receive important course notifications, messages, and access to various digital learning tools integrated into Canvas.
To set your TAMU email address as default in Canvas, follow the steps below:
- Log in to Canvas with your TAMU NetID and password at canvas.tamu.edu
- Click the Account link in the Global Navigation Menu located on the left side of the screen under the Texas A&M logo
- Click the Settings link
- In the Email Addresses section on the top-right corner, click the star icon that appears next to your Texas A&M email address registered to the Canvas account
- If the star icon is already selected, your TAMU email address is set to default.
- This option will only appear if you have multiple email addresses linked to your Canvas account.
Instructors: How do I change my default email address in my user account as an instructor?